Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Republicans Helped on Immigration

After finishing up my past post, I came upon Jack Fowler's item at the Corner, noting that Republicans are doing very well among voters who say that their primary concern is immigration. If you have any doubt that these immigration-concerned voters are those who want illegal immigration stopped, note that 73% of them want to see a barrier built along the Mexican border.

Fowler carries over Rasmussen's title for the post: Dems Make Progress on Immigration Issue. I suppose that's true as far as it goes: in a poll of all Americans, Democrats are more trusted to handle the immigration issue. But as true as that may be, it's worthless politically. 'All Americans' don't vote in elections. The most committed 30%-40% do. And I think Republicans are making headway among that group.

My question still stands however, about whether the northern or southern border is a greater security concern.

Back to the top.

No comments: