Friday, March 02, 2007

CPAC: How Are they Doing?

Plenty of bloggers are over at CPAC, giving their impressions of Romney and Giuliani. There's also commentary on McCain and how much he may or may not have damaged himself by not attending.

I encourage you to check out Captain's Quarters, Ace, and Michelle Malkin for impressions.

I know that I ought to take this 'seriously;' that impressions made this early are important, and will help shape the race. But as I've noted before, I simply think that given how early it is, people are paying too much attention to it.

I suspect that there will be ups and down for each of the candidates between now and the time of the first primary. Romney is dead in the water today, but he may not be in 6 (or 8, or 10) months. Fred Thompson, or Newt Gingrich (someone who seemed to get a lot of love from the CPAC participants I spoke to last night), or someone else may yet get into this race.

I guess my refusal to blog CPAC 24-7 is my way of protesting the seemingly inordinate amount of attention given to it.

It's more important today that we get the war right. So go read Bill Roggio.

No comments: