Monday, May 07, 2007

MKH on the Debate

A day late, but not a dollar short, Mary Katharine Ham and Katie Favazza assess the first GOP debate:



Amusing comments on McCain. Also, Favazza's comment that she has concerns with Giuliani's statements on social issues make me wonder: is this becoming a standard throw-away line among conservatives?

Let me preface by saying that I have concerns with Giuliani's stances on social issues. I have many friends who do as well. That said, it seems as if every conservative who professes support for the Mayor must first say, 'well, I have concerns about his views on abortion' or something similar. There's no specific person whose sincerity I doubt, but it's become so prevalent that I suspect some are no longer saying it because they believe it, but because its become de rigeur to say.

Perhaps Giuliani's conservative support is stronger than would seem to be the case?

No comments: