Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lieberman Lead Slipping Further?

According to Political Wire, Lieberman leads Lamont by just 6 points. I'm not sure the source of the Rasmussen number, but I believe that this is a poll among all Democrats. As before, that would probably tend to overstate the lead for Lieberman, and shows why he is preparing for an Independent bid.

Frankly, I'm very skeptical of this poll. If it is accurate, then the lead of a popular, 3-term incumbent who is nationally recognized and well-known, has evaporated to virtually nothing in a matter of weeks - without any significant advertising so far. (Anyone in Connecticut, please correct me if I'm wrong about the advertising.) Political careers don't shatter like this without a major event causing it.

That said, there's little doubt that Lieberman is in a real race for renomination, and Lamont's folks have to like their chances right about now.

Back to the top.

No comments: