Sunday, August 13, 2006

You Gotta Pitch to the Slugger

I disagree with Jonathan Last's friend - but judging by the comments section, I am the only one. How often do conservatives decry the lack of civility in society, and a lack of respect for basic right and wrong.

If we're talking Major League Baseball, I'm walking the slugger in a heartbeat. But this is Little League we're talking about. I could live accept walking the slugger to get to a weak hitter; that's baseball. But you can't take advantage of the fact that the weak hitter is also a cancer patient.

Back to the top.

2 comments:

Philo-Junius said...

This was the league championship; so I'd say all legal baseballs stratagems are fair play. If the manager doesn't want a guy getting pitched around, he ought not to put his worst hitter right behind him.

MikeD said...

Agreed. And if this is the League Championship, this kid has a season's worth of happy memories. That ought to soften the blow.