Monday, January 29, 2007

So Who Will Be Third in the Trifecta?



On the subject of leprous consciences:


Rev. Robert Drinan; Congressman, GU Law School Teacher [Dies].



Jesuit and former congressman architect of the "personally opposed but politically unable to do anything about it at all" abortion dodge of the Catholic-Democrat Catechism faces Heaven, Hell and Final Judgment:

Dies iræ!

O Day of wrath!

Dies illa Solvet sæclum in favilla teste David cum Sibylla! Quantus tremor est futurus, quando judex est venturus, cuncta stricte discussurus! Tuba mirum spargens sonumper sepulcra regionum, coget omnes ante thronum. Mors stupebit et natura, cum resurget creatura, judicanti responsura.

Day that will dissolve the world into ember-ash, as David bore witness with the Sibyl. How great a tremor is to be, when the judge is to come strictly judging all things. A trumpet sounding astonishingly through the region of tombs drives all before the throne. Death will be stunned, and Nature, when the creature arises in response to the one judging.


Liber scriptus proferetur, in quo totum continetur, unde mundus judicetur. Judex ergo cum sedebit, quicquid latet apparebit: nil inultum remanebit. Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus, cum vix justus sit securus?

The written book will be brought forth, in which the whole is contained whence the world is to be judged. Therefore when the Judge shall sit, whatever lay hidden will appear; nothing will remain unavenged. What am I the wretch then to say? What patron to beseech; when scarcely the just be secure?


Rex tremendæ majestatis, qui salvandos salvas gratis, salva me, fons pietatis. Recordare, Jesu pie, quod sum causa tuæ viæ: ne me perdas illa die. Quærens me, sedisti lassus: redemisti Crucem passus: tantus labor non sit cassus. Juste judex ultionis, donum fac remissionisante diem rationis.



King of tremendous Majesty, who saves those to be saved free, save me, Fount of piety. Remember, faithful Jesus, because I am the cause of your journey: do not lose me on that day. Seeking me, Thou hast sat down as one wearied, Thou hast redeemed having suffered the Cross: let not so much labour be lost. Just judge of the avenging-punishment, work the gift of the remission before the Day of the Reckoning.

Ingemisco, tamquam reus: culpa rubet vultus meus: supplicanti parce, Deus. Qui Mariam absolvisti,et latronem exaudisti,mihi quoque spem dedisti. Preces meæ non sunt dignæ: sed tu bonus fac benigne, ne perenni cremer igne. Inter oves locum præsta, et ab hædis me sequestra, statuens in parte dextra.

I groan, as the accused: my face grows red from fault: spare the supplicant, O God. Thou who forgavest Mary, and favorably heardest the thief, hast also given me hope. My pleas are not worthy, but do Thou, O Goodness, deal kindly lest I burn in perennial fire. Among the sheep offer a place and from the goats sequester me, placing me to the right.



Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis: voca me cum benedictis. Oro supplex et acclinis, cor contritum quasi cinis: gere curam mei finis. Lacrimosa dies illa, qua resurget ex favilla judicandus homo reus. Huic ergo parce, Deus:


After the accursed have been silenced, given up to the bitter flames, call me with the blest. Kneeling and bowed down I pray, my heart contrite as ashes: Do Thou care for my end. That tearful day, on which will arise Man from the ember-ash, accused to be judged: therefore, O God, do Thou spare him.



Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem. Amen.



Faithful Lord Jesus, grant them rest. Amen.

No comments: