Monday, November 13, 2006

What Have We Learned

Not a lot, apparently.

I am a conservative, but I am also a Republican partisan. That is, there's sometimes a conflict between my conservative leanings and my desire for Republican victories. The partisan in me thinks it's great to try to win latino votes, and appreciates the apparent intent of this move (and the amnesty) to try to do that.

But is this really the time to poke out the eye of the conservative base? Do you think that they are basking in the glow of a great election day, and therefore won't mind you putting an amnesty leader at the RNC?

And to have first floated the name of Michael Steele? You couldn't have engineered the disappointment and hostility any better.

It's a good thing for the Democrats that they run against the Republicans. We might be the only ones they can ever beat.

Back to the top.

No comments: