Friday, August 10, 2007

Might Want to Sock Away a Little More for Retirement

Someone alive today may live to be 1,000? God! Please don't let it be Michael Moore!

According to the latest immortality research (oh, it is a field), the possibility of a person making it to their first millennium is not only possible - it’s almost guaranteed that such a person is already alive right now. Of course, philosophical debates are raging, but everyone agrees that perhaps something more reasonable - say, five additional years on the old lifespan - would be totally acceptable. But according to Aubrey de Grey, the spokesperson for the anti-aging movement, the moral debates are futile: “Whether they realise it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries.”

Forty years or younger? I make the cut -- as do three of my siblings. We sure will miss my older brother, though.

Also, reminds me of what my mom used to say about Methusaleh. I've lived my life by this maxim.

No comments: